My Cannonball adventure

My Cannonball adventure
Meet "Effie" our 1915 Harley-Davidson Twin 3 speed

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's up and running!

Heard from my mechanic Steve Huntzinger yesterday that my bike is up and running! He says it starts on the first kick and that the new wheels and tires make a huge difference. He put about 60 miles on it. Got about 50 miles on half a tank of gas. This is great news... means I will only have to stop for gas every 100 miles. I will be out riding it on Aug. 5th to put more miles on it. Hopefully, I'll get some photos and maybe even video to post! Whoaaaa!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome! I can't even imagine a bike that old going 100 miles before needing gas. Cris,
    I was surprised and thrilled to read you are just learning how to ride this kind of bike. Somehow, I thought you had ridden something like this before---that's what makes it even more awesome. Just jump in and swim! that's how I like to approach things. Just do it! go girl!

    ReplyDelete