My Cannonball adventure

My Cannonball adventure
Meet "Effie" our 1915 Harley-Davidson Twin 3 speed

Monday, August 30, 2010

We're on the way!




Effie and I are on the road... in the van, but making it happen!

With loads of help from our good friend Mark Allen, who was nice enough to help me find the vans ( both the trashed one and the one we have now). He also helped me put the rear seat in, which meant lots of time under the van... drilling holes and attaching brackets in 100 degree heat. Thanks Mark! You are awesome. He also picked up my bike from Steve, my wonderful mechanic and fellow Cannonball rider. Thanks Steve!

Then, my big brother Mark flew into CA from Denver to drive back with me to Denver so I wouldn't have to drive by my lonesome. He's a pretty nice guy to do that. He also helped us with the van too. I couldn't do this without lots of help. Thanks guys.

Mark and I took a side trip down to Moab, Utah and the Arches National Park after leaving Ontario, CA. We stayed on the other side of Vegas and left pretty early.

Hanging out in CO for a few more days while I finish pimping out my van to make it my home away from home for the next month.

Effie is cozy in here spot in the van... she's my girl!

2 comments:

  1. i bet you cant wait, woohoo! just sitting back following i cant wait... :)

    ReplyDelete